Listen Live


MC-TEA building evacuated due to possible natural gas leak

Monday, October 2, 2017

School officials evacuated the Mitchell Career and Technical Education Academy for a short time this afternoon because of a suspected natural gas leak.

Superintendent Joe Graves was at the building around 3:00 pm when the facility was cleared. “Shane Thill led it, and he just basically cleared all students and staff,” said Graves. “Everybody was very courteous and quick to get out of the building.”

He says the natural gas supply was shut off and Police allowed students and staff to return about ten minutes later. Graves says officials are investigating the possible leak.

No one was hurt and normal business resumed.

Categories: News